Organizational Advancement Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
The Organizational Advancement Coordinator actively works with the Executive Director and the Program Coordinator to develop and implement fund development and marketing activities of the organization, including fund/campaigns and donor development, community engagement/special events, grant/proposal submissions, and communication of RSFSR’s brand and activities. The Organizational Advancement Coordinator will support the RSFSR staff and board to strengthen and diversify its funding and raise awareness about issues of spinal cord injury recovery and care.
Major Job Responsibilities
Directly reporting to the Executive Director, the Organizational Advancement Coordinator identifies, qualifies, and assists in cultivation and stewardship of funds & major gifts from external stakeholders. To support fund raising efforts, the Organizational Advancement Coordinator will manage grant/proposal activities while being the gate-keeper to RSFSR’s brand within different mediums of communications and marketing efforts. To be successful in this position, the Organizational Advancement Coordinator will need to be connected to the community to support continuous outreach and networking to ensure fundraising goals are met or exceeded. The specific duties and responsibilities are not inclusive. Other duties may be assigned to ensure the success of RSFSR.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
1. Collaborate with the Executive Director and Program Coordinator on overall advancement strategy to support existing relationships and to secure new and untapped resources. Work in partnership with the RSFSR Board of Directors.
2. Manage giving systems and donor infrastructure including the research, identification and development of varied audiences. Assist in the development, production and dissemination of support materials for fundraising activities.
3. Collaborate with, and support the Executive Director and Board of Directors, to network and influence and establish corporate partnerships. Conduct outreach as directed.
4. Campaign development and management: Provide information and guidance to the Executive Director and Board related to Annual Giving and planned giving efforts. Draft annual and special appeals to build individual giving
5. Manage the Donor Perfect data base. Receive, acknowledge and track all donor contributions, pledges in-kind donations and other payments. Maintain updated mailing lists, donor lists and donor profiles.
6. Analyze fundraising data and prepare reports as needed.
7. Coordinates and executes grant processes (e.g. writing, assembling, submitting evaluations, budget, feasibility, reporting, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring award.
8. Research new grant opportunities and analyze current/past submissions/awards for the purpose of developing additional resources.
9. Develop and collaborate on grant strategy. Maintain proposal calendar and financial management of grants.
10. Design, implement and manage RSFSR’s visibility, media and marketing.
11. Develop standard and unique messaging for different arenas and mediums. Manage and produce RSFSR’s social media, newsletters and website content.
12. Oversee production of the annual report.
13. Respond as first point of contact with design consultants and printers.
14. Collaborate with Executive Director on public relations activities and crisis PR situations as needed with media, press and/or other external audiences.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
– Demonstrated experience with donor development and fundraising strategies
– Dynamic professional with proven track record of building donor relationships
– Technical implementation and knowledge of database software (Donor Perfect), MS Office Suite, website updates and social media posting (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
– Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
– Superior oral and written communication skills; public speaking, English language, grammar, composition, business correspondence, and overall communication etiquette.
– Accept flexible working hours. Willingness to use own mode of transportation for work-related purposes.
– Ability to work both independently or without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the organization. High energy and passion for spinal cord injury support and advocacy.
– Adhere to appropriate standards of conduct and ethics, including but not limited to:
(ii) Integrity and honesty
(iii) Follow and/or comply with management and/or board directives
(iv) Exhibit the ability to adapt effectively to changing internal and external environments
(v) Cooperate and collaborate respectfully with others
(vi) Participate and engage in proactive problem solving
Bachelor’s degree required plus 5 years of professional experience in fund development
Tangible experience expanding and cultivating existing individual donor relationships over time.
Tangible experience growing a nonprofit organization’s social media and online presence and reach.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $57,000
Health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays
No phone inquiries, qualified candidates should e-mail cover letter and resume to:
RSFSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/ADA